BUS501 – Business Analytics and Statistics Research Report
- Ensure the dataset is appropriately scaled (each measure in SPSS must be set correctly). Report on what you changed.
- Produce descriptive statistics (see lecture 1) for the most appropriate variables to give an overview of how the business and its products are performing
- Use the statistical analyses you have learned to answer all of the questions below
As guide – answer these main research questions:
- What are the top/worst selling products in terms of sales?
- Is there a difference in payments methods?
- Are the differences in sales performance based on where the product is located in the shop? How does this effect both profits and revenue?
- Is there a difference in sales and gross profits between different months of the year?
- Are their differences in sales performance between different seasons?
- How does this relate to rainfall and profits?
There might be other research questions you should consider considering the business challenges (you will get higher marks for identifying other issues the CEO should be aware of)
- Cover page/Title Page – Name, student number, tutor information, word count
- Table of contents (could also include a list of figures / diagrams / tables)
- Introduction (2 marks) – Introduce the business and its problems (see website link above for more information)
- Problem definition and business intelligence required (2 marks) – Outline the research questions and list what analytics methods you have chosen to answer each one and why
- Visualise the descriptive statistics (5 marks) – using what you have learned show the relevant descriptive statistics through data visualization/ graphical displays (Tables, graphs, pie charts etc.).
- Results of the selected analytics methods and technical analysis (20 marks) – use each research question as a heading then present the analysis findings and explain them. Higher marks for including extra research questions not defined here and creating nice tables/displays opposed to copy and pasting directly from SPSS output.
- Discussion of the results and recommendations (5 marks) – Based on the analyses what conclusions about the business can be summarized/drawn and what recommendations can be offered to the CEO.
- References – list of references in either Harvard or APA formatting (you must reference the business website – include other references in your answers)
Report formatting (5 marks):
Font size 12 Times New roman, double spacing, word count 1,500-2,000. Note. The word count does not include headings, tables, graphs/figures or the reference list.
The Best Assignment help is one of the best website for assignment help. For more details you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org