CIS5100 | Database Management System (DBMS) & Decision Support System (DSS) | DBMS
Task 1: Personal Research Journal (max. 500 words) 10%
Prepare a journal that records your activities and progress related to completing this assignment. In date order, clearly list the following:
- Date of research activity/discussion
- Full description of research activity / discussion (at least 25 words)
- List of all appropriate web sites visited to collect information; other references accessed (using Harvard AGPS Referencing style – submitted separate to the List of References in Task 2).
- Time duration of the activity
Submit this journal as an appendix to Task 2 (after the List of References and include in the Table of Contents).
Task 2: Case Study Report (max. 4,500 words) 80%
Report Structure and Presentation 5%
Your report should include a professional title page, computer generated Table of Contents (including List of Tables and List of Figures) and Appendices.
Note: Make sure to state the names of all students involved in the report on the title page.
Report Letter of Transmittal, Executive Summary and Introduction 5%
Your report should include a letter of transmittal, executive summary, and introduction to the report.
Report Section 1 – Hardware, Software & Networking Infrastructure / Cloud Services 10%
What type of hardware and software, including networking infrastructure and/or a combination of cloud services, should the business acquire and/or procure to expand their capabilities to meet their new e-business initiative?
- Develop a computer hardware proposal (including printer(s)) to allow the business to provide up to ten (10) staff with computer access, including current Australian prices for the equipment. If you decide on a cloud-based infrastructure solution, develop the proposal to enable cloud services for infrastructure for server and data storage requirements, e.g. Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure. Justify why your proposal is necessary for the business.
- Develop a computer software proposal, including both system and application software, to support the proposed computer hardware proposal, including Australian prices for the software. If you decide on a cloud-based software solution, develop the proposal to enable cloud services for software for e-commerce solutions, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics e-commerce or BigCommerce. Justify why your proposal is necessary for the business.
- Include a diagram of the proposed hardware, software and network infrastructure; or the proposed cloud solution architecture; to help Dr Wagner visualise what you are recommending.
Report Section 2 – Business Intelligence 10%
What would be the benefits to the business of using business intelligence?
- How could the business use business intelligence? Outline for Dr Rikki Wagner how business intelligence can assist the business decision making.
- How could the business use data mining to gain competitive advantage? What type of data mining would best suit the current business’s analysis needs? Why?
- What type of business intelligence tools would best suit the business’s current needs? Why?
Report Section 3 – Customer Relationship management 10%
What would be the benefits to Dr Rikki Wagner of implementing a customer relationship management system?
- How could the business support its customer facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for marketing? Justify your answer.
- How could the business support its customer facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for sales? Justify your answer.
- How could the business support its customer facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for customer service? Justify your answer.
- In what different ways could Dr Rikki Wagner use metrics from the business’s customer relationship management systems to track and monitor performance for sales, service and marketing. Justify your answer.
Report Section 4 – Social Media 10%
What issues should the business be aware of when embarking on a social media presence?
- Outline to Dr Rikki Wagner why the business should also be considering using Social Media as an avenue for communicating with their customers and promoting their brand.
- Review and critique, including providing screen captures, the social media presences of three (3) other businesses that sell similar products to Dr Rikki Wagner’s.
- How should the business manage their social media presence? Develop a draft Social Media Policy for the business that they can implement if they were to embark on a social media strategy.
Report: Conclusions and Recommendations to the Business 10%
Your report should include separate conclusions and recommendations sections.
- Conclusions provide a summary of your key findings from the body of the report.
- Recommendations provide a summary of the recommendations to the business based on the research conducted in the report.
Report: Referencing and Appropriateness of Sources
References are required and the Harvard AGPS standard of referencing must be used. This standard is detailed on USQ Library Site
Ensure that your reports are fully referenced, including any reference to the text book. Your report should include in-text references and a List of References.
Do not repeat verbatim large slabs of information from other sources such as the text – you must put the ideas/information in your own words.
You must use at least ten (10) academically sound sources other than the textbook in completing this report.
- You are expected to have access to the Baltzan et al 3rd Edition textbook as your starting point to answering all the above questions – use of Google search in place of the textbook may result in lower or failing marks.
- Note: the word count does not include letter of transmittal, executive summary, references or appendices.
Task 3: PowerPoint Presentation to Client (max. 25 slides)
Mrs Georgie Handel has asked you to provide a professionally developed business presentation to the client, Dr Wagner, outlining the project scope, key findings and key recommendations from the Case Study Report. Create a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (using PowerPoint 2007 to current) and name it.
Make sure that your professional developed business presentation is prepared so that it conforms to the course StudyDesk presentation resources. These resources include, but are not limited to the Practical Appendixes found on the Study Schedule and Module Materials and various videos.
The professional business presentations set of slides should be structured as follows:
- Title – outlining the full Business Name, Project Description, Student Name and Student ID.
- List of Topics
- Presentation Content – the following are the topics the presentation must answer:
- Outline the Scope of the Report
- List and discuss the Key Findings from the Report
- List and discuss the Recommendations from the Report
- Each slide must include detailed speaker notes provided in the notes section of the slide – the detailed speaker notes must provide a full answer to each of the following questions and it should be written so that another person could present this presentation on your behalf to the client. You must include in text referencing in the note section for any direct and paraphrased quotes.
- DO NOT PROVIDE THIS AS AN AUDIO RECORDING
- Summary of Presentation
- Note: It is expected that you will use the Baltzan et al and Beskeen et al textbooks to answer the topics Mrs Georgie Handel has given you for the presentation, as well as reputable online sources of information. You need to include a brief Bibliography formatted using the Harvard AGPS style on a separate page (see the following USQ website for referencing help.
Attach the Microsoft Word files (using any version from Word 2007 to current) and Microsoft PowerPoint files (using any version from PowerPoint 2007 to current) using the naming convention below, to your online assignment submission in the Assignment 2 area on the CIS5100 StudyDesk before midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on the day the assignment is due.
- Note: Simply changing the file extension to .docx on a Word 2003 file will not result in a suitable submission. If the assignment files cannot be opened by the marker, it may be treated as late until a suitable replacement is received.
Upon completion of the submission process, check your uConnect email account for an automatically generated confirmation email (if you do not have an email account, print out the Submission Complete screen before exiting the Submission System). You must check that the file name and file size are listed correctly – if there is a problem with either, please email the course leader immediately.
If you have difficulties submitting through the StudyDesk Assignments submission tool, please review the Student Instructions document listed also on the CIS5100 StudyDesk. As a last resort only, email the course leader for instructions on an alternative course of action.
The Best Assignment help is one of the best website for assignment help. For more details you may contact us at email@example.com or call at +447418324884, +918607503827
visit at : Law504 | Assignment 1 and 2 | Law