CIS5308 | Management of IT Services Report 1 | Information Technology
Report 1 Specification
Report 1 requires you to watch a webinar video, then draw on the course materials and research relevant academic sources (e.g. textbook, journal/ conference papers) to prepare a report as per the requirements presented below.
Case study: Why you need ISO/IEC 20000 to ensure success?
In this video, Mr. Saikat Basu discusses his consultation experience in delivering successful ISO/IEC 20000 implementation case study. Mr. Basu sets a context for discussion by introducing ISO/IEC 20000, then introduces the case study organisation, an external IT service provider headquartered in India. Furthermore, Mr. Basu highlights the business benefits achieved after successful ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
For the purpose of this assignment, assume the role of a consultant who have been hired by ExcelIT, a fictitious Australian IT service provider that is seeking ISO/IEC 20000 certification. You will prepare a report to the CEO of ExcelIT.
|Report Introduction (approx. 250 words)||10|
Your report should include an introduction to the report. Provide a brief introduction that describes the case study report. This introduction should provide an overview of the video case study.
CIS5308 – Management of IT Services – Report 1
(Each section – approx. 500 words)
Section 1: Discuss Service Management System and how it can be incorporated into ITSM to deliver value to ExcelIT (20 marks)
Section 2: Present a brief summary of the engagement highlighted by Mr. Basu based on the iterative engagement approach of ISO/IEC 20000 certification journey. Discuss major engagement challenges encountered during the case study. Which ITSM processes may be relevant for you to consider for ExcelIT to implement similar solutions as suggested in the case study? (20 marks)
Section 3: With references to the benefits achieved at the case study, present three key benefits of ISO/IEC 200000 certification. Develop a business case to justify ISO/IEC 20000 certification project implementation at ExcelIT. (20 marks)
|Report: Conclusions & Recommendations (approx. 250 words)||5|
Summarise the key lessons you learnt from this case study. Include Recommendations to ExcelIT for achieving ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
|Report: Referencing and Appropriateness of Sources||10|
References are required and the Harvard AGPS standard of referencing must be used.
Ensure that your reports are fully referenced , including any reference to the text book. Your report should include in-text references and a List of References.
Do not repeat verbatim large slabs of information from other sources such as the text – you must put the ideas/information in your own words.
You must use at least ten (10) academically sound sources other than the textbook in completing this report.
|Report: Appendix 1 Journal||10|
Prepare a journal that records your activities and progress related to completing this assignment. In date order, clearly list the following:
- Date of research activity
- Full description of activity / discussion (e.g. websites visited, other references accessed in library)
- Time duration of the activity
Submit this journal as Appendix 1 in the Report.
CIS5308 – Management of IT Services – Report 1
Attach the report document in Microsoft Word or PDF file format using the naming convention below, to your online assignment submission in the Report 1 area on the CIS5308 StudyDesk before midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on the day the assignment is due.
Upon completion of the submission process, check your UMail email account for an automatically generated confirmation email (if you do not have an email account, print out the Submission Complete screen before exiting the Submission System). You must check that the file name and file size are listed correctly – if there is a problem with either, please email the course examiner immediately.
If you have difficulties submitting through the StudyDesk Assignments submission tool, email the course examiner immediately for instructions on an alternative course of action. Any submissions after the due date is considered Late Submission and will be dealt accordingly.
Please note that:
- The following is the USQ Assessment – Assignment (Late Submission) and Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances procedure that relate to Extensions and Late Assignments. They can be found under the following links:
- Assessment – Assignment (Late Submission) Procedure:
- Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedures:
- Students seeking extensions for any Assignment work must provide appropriate documentation to support their request before the due date of the assignment (see points 4.3 and 4.4 in the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedures above to see what is considered as Compassionate and Compelling reason for an extension and the level of documentation that will be needed).
- An Assignment submitted after the due date without an approved extension of time will be penalised. The penalty for late submission is a reduction by five percent (5%) of the maximum Mark applicable for the Assignment, for each University Business Day or part Business Day that the Assignment is late. An Assignment submitted more than ten (10) University Business Days after the due date will have a Mark of zero recorded for that Assignment.
- The StudyDesk Assignments submission tool will accept late assignments up until 23:55pm on the 10th University Business Day after the due date.
The Best Assignment help is one of the best website for assignment help. For more details you may contact us at email@example.com or call at +447418324884, +918607503827